Canada is a country in the northern part of North America. There are 10 provinces and 3 territories. It is extended from the Atlantic to the Pacific and northward into the Arctic Ocean, covering 9.98 million square kilometers (3.85 million square miles), making it the world’s second largest country by total areas. Canada’s capital is Ottawa and its three largest metropolitan areas are Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. A developed country, Canada has the seventh highest nominal per capita income as well as the 13th highest ranking in terms of HDI.
FACTS ABOUT CANADA
Area: 9,984,670 km2
Population: 37,971,020 (as per 2019)
Climate: Canada has mild winters and cool summers because of its nearness to the Pacific Ocean. Summers are warm and humid, averaging 21-26 °C; winters are cold, with temperatures averaging between -6 to -12 °C along with ice and snow. The level of rain in this area is stable all year round.
Other big cities: Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver
Official language: English and French
GDP: $1.812 Trillion (10th as per 2020)
Per capita income: $47,931 (17th as per 2020)
HDI: 0.922 (as per 2018)
Currency: Canadian Dollar
Calling code: +1
Literacy rate: 99.9%
PROVINCES/TERRITORIES OF CANADA WITH THEIR CAPITAL
- Newfoundland and Labrador: St. John’s
- Prince Edward Island: Charlottetown
- Nova Scotia: Halifax
- New Brunswick: Fredericton
- Quebec: Québec City
- Ontario: Toronto
- Manitoba: Winnipeg
- Saskatchewan: Regina
- Alberta: Edmonton
- British Columbia: Victoria
- Nunavut: Iqaluit
- Northwest Territories: Yellowknife
- Yukon Territory: Whitehorse
EDUCATION SYSTEM IN CANADA
Talking about education system in Canada, from the age of 4 or 5 student start to pursue the Early Childhood Education then after they go for elementary school for the six years and next six years in Secondary School. Up to this level is compulsory for all the students pursuing education in Canada. But if he belongs to Ontario then he needs to get one year Ontario Secondary School Diploma Level. After that he will get three different options for further study. He can join either Vocational and Technical Training Course of (1-4 years leading towards Community College (1- 4 years) or can directly choose community college leading for University Level or he can directly choose University Level (Bachelor then Masters then Doctorate Level)
Talking about the universities, as per Wikipedia there are altogether 77 public and 16 private universities in Canada.
REASONS OF CHOOSING CANADA
1.Advanced Quality Education
As it relates to the studying in abroad the main thing that everyone is needed to take in mind is the quality of education of the desire country. Canada’s high academic standards and quality control mechanism makes it the first choice of every foreign students who are willing to study abroad. It had lead to an increase in the population of international students leading to an increase in the population of International students to 98% from 2008-2015.
2. Affordable Education
The unique advantage of studying in Canada is its affordable tuition fee. Though the cost may vary as per the course but for most of the general courses the tuition fee is low as compared to other countries like US, Australia. Paying the fees will not be burden for students.
3. Internationally recognized
The most important thing after completing the study is the career prospects though the degree. A Canadian degree, diploma or certificate is globally recognized and is equivalent to those obtained from the other countries.
4. Long Term Advantage
Though we have aimed for the study purpose somewhere we have thought about the permanent residency after completion of study as well as few years work experience. There are major long term benefits to studying in Canada as one would get points for PR in Canada if they have graduated from a Canadian University and have Canadian work experience.
5. Multicultural Society
Canada which has English and French as major languages offers almost all of the world’s ethnic groups and it’s hard not to find ethnic foods and recreation activities associated with specific cultures. The international student advisors at universities help students to get in touch with numerous ethnic clubs and associations along with their study. Canadians are also known for their friendliness and polite nature.
6. Campus Lifestyle
It is not all work and no play in Canada either. Canada’s post-secondary campuses are not only wired with the latest in sophisticated technology, but also offer countless other modern amenities for the students to enjoy. From Olympic-quality sports facilities to public concert halls and art galleries, Canada’s post-secondary campuses offer enormous possibilities for learning and leisure.
7. Pioneering and Abundant Research Opportunities
Since research is one of the key components of a Canadian post-secondary education, one will have ample opportunities to become a part of this aspect of education. In Canada, both government and industry support research which includes all areas of telecommunications, medicine, agriculture, computer technology, and environmental science.
8. Reasonable expenses
Cost of living and study in Canada at all levels right from schooling to university is lower than the United States, Britain, Australia and other countries. On comparing the standard of living and the high quality education facilities that are provided in Canada with the other developed countries, we realize that students get all the benefits at a lower cost.
9. Career prospects
The Canadian government offers a work programs to students who have obtained a diploma from a post-secondary school in Canada and are looking to gain work experience. This is an excellent way to continue to live in Canada while diversifying and developing your professional skills.
COST OF LIVING IN CANADA
The cost of living is affordable to the international students as they get chance to earn good salary. The basic salary of Canada is around 14 CAD per hour which will be enough for the students to live their livelihood.
Apartment cost around 400 to 700 CAD per month including utilities
Room cost around 350 to 450 CAD per month including utilities
Foods: 500 to 950 CAD per month
While applying for any country student should go through three aspects. If you meet those 3 aspects you can apply in that country and university.
- Academic Requirement
For Canada, an applicant must completed higher secondary education (10+2) for Bachelor and Bachelor for Masters Degree. If you have secured first division or B grade or above in your Academic, you can apply for the next level. An applicant with gap up to 4 years can apply. But as the gap increases chances of the visa also get decrease.
- English Requirement:
Yes IELTS is compulsory to study in Canada. For Bachelor you need to have 6 band not less than 5.5 then you can get admission in the college and for university 6.5 band not less than 6 in any band. And for Masters you need to have 6.5 or 7 band not less than 6.5.
- Financial requirement
You need to arrange lots of things during your processing time for the visa like Application and tuition fee, accommodation charges in Canada. Documents for visa, Travel medical Insurance, Visa charge, Air ticket and so on. The over-all cost for applying in Canada starts from 15-16 lakhs (depending on colleges/universities and theirs tuition fee). So if you and your family can afford this you, you can make mind to apply in Canada.
If you fulfill these eligibility criteria, you can start your procedure choosing nearest intake.
Main intakes are during Spring Intake (Jan-Feb) and Fall Intake (Sep- Oct). And each intake has its own deadline as per the university.
PROCEDURE TO APPLY IN CANADA
1.Firstly you need to select the university and courses which matches their previous study background and should apply before the deadline ends.
2. After that, its time to get enroll in the university and issue the offer letter. For Offer letter you need to submit following documents:
- Passport copy
- Educational Documents (SLC/SEE, Higher Education, Bachelors, Masters whatever require.)
- English Language certificate.
3. Then the university will provide the offer letter within a week and it’s time to send tuition fee. Along with this you need to arrange all other documents as per the checklist mentioned by Embassy of Canada.
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from Ministry of Education
- Updated CV,
- Statement of Purpose or Motivational Letter
- Sponsorship Letter
- Maintaining good transaction in the bank account of yours or your father mother or siblings for Bank Balance Certificate and Statement (Up to 6 months statement required if possible)
- Relationship Certificate
- Property Valuation and Tax Clearance Certificate
- Proof of All Income Source
- Citizenship of father and mother
- Police Report
- CA Report
4. In the same time students need to send the tuition fee to the university bank account as mentioned in the offer letter. As per the rule of the university, student can either send the tuition fee of 1 semester or 1 year.
5. After sending the tuition fee, university will issue the Invitation Letter. In the mean time there is process of booking the appointment date. You need to submit documents in VFS Global so for fate booking follow the website > Choose the option of scheduling the appointment (we prefer online) > Online> Schedule Appointment >New User >Follow the Instruction.
6. After booking is confirmed, a letter stating your appointment date will be sent to your mail. Application form should be filled self downloading from the website. In the application for you need fill all your details. And you can amend them later too before printing.
7. After the date booking, for the mentioned period student need to be in the VFS as per the checklist provided on their website.
8. After submission of documents, you need to keep tracking your application through website > Tracking number ID and Date of birth. Within 2 weeks of the interview you will get notification to do medical from IOM, Jamal. If they asked for your medical it is alike sure that you will get the visa to study there.
9. After a month of documents submission, you will get notification from the immigration about acceptance or denial of your visa through mail. After that you will need to go and collect your documents from VFS.
Congratulation you have made it. Now proceed ahead.
Reject: In case of Rejection you have two options:
- Appeal for the reviewing the denial of visa: It is little bit vague process to appeal for visa denial. So very few student take the option of appeal.
- Refund of the tuition fee: For this we will mail the University for the Refund along with the refusal letter. It may take till 1-3 months to get the fee refunded.
10. After the approval of visa, now it’s time to arrange for the air ticket. It may cost around 1100 CAD.
11. After the ticket confirmation, you need to arrange for the airport pickup and accommodation placement also inform the university about your visa approval.
12. Now the student needs to exchange currency for the pocket money around 1000 CAD from any commercial bank.
13. As everything is managed it’s time for final departure orientation for the student. Also an applicant should travel to Canada during the flight as per the checklist mentioned below:
- Original educational documents (for Bachelor students higher secondary certificate + mark sheet + apostles / Master students: bachelor`s degree + mark sheet +
apostles and additionally higher secondary certificate with mark sheets but without apostles),
- 6 identical photographs,
- Offer letter, Invoice, Invitation Letter
- Passport with visa,
- NOC Copy,
- Flight Ticket
- Swift Copy,
- Fee transfer form,
- 1000 CAD (which was exchanged earlier for pocket money) and need to chop in Air ticket and Passport
- Warm Clothes
- Pressure cooker
- Basic medicine for headache, stomach ache, common cold, fever, etc
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE SHOWER IMMEDIATELY AFTER REACHING THERE
14. After reaching to the university always remember to provide original documents and photographs to the college for the further processing.