Lithuania (officially the Republic of Lithuania), is a country in the Baltic region of Europe. Lithuania is one of the Baltic States. The country is situated along the southeastern shore of the Baltic sea, to the east of Sweden and Denmark. It is bordered by Latvia to the north, Belarus to the east and south, Poland to the south, and Kaliningrad Oblast (a Russian Exclave) to the southwest. In the area of 65300 km², 2.794 million people reside. And nowadays its being most popular study destination among the international students.
FACTS ABOUT LITHUANIA
Country: Lithuania, officially the Republic of Lithuania
Area: 65,300 km²
Population: 2.794 million (2019)
Other big cities: Kaunas, Klaipeda, Šiauliai
Official language: Lithuanian
GDP: $56 billion (80)
Per capita income: $20355 (42)
Calling code: +370
Literacy rate: 99.9%
EDUCATION SYSTEM IN LITHUANIA
Talking about education system in Lithuania, at the age of 3-5 years parents enrolled their kids in Kindergarten Level or Pre-School level which is not compulsory one. After that they get enroll in Primary and Lower secondary Education. If he likes to take vocation education he will get enroll in the level otherwise after completion of Lower Secondary Education will get enroll in Upper Secondary Education. After that student has choice to choose either College for Bachelor Degree leading Masters one or University Integrated Master’s Study. After completion of Masters Degree he will get enroll in Doctorate Level.
Talking about educational institutions in Lithuania, there are 23 universities in Lithuania (14 of them are public, 8 are private, and one is a branch of a Polish university). There are 24 colleges in Lithuania (13 of them are public and 11 are private).
REASONS OF CHOOSING LITHUANIA
1. Schengen Country
Lithuania is on of the Schengen country and has single visa policy to travel other Schengen country. So it will be plus point for the students who want to explore themselves in travel too.
2. Low Academics can apply
An individual with minimum academic percentage in higher secondary or three year diploma student can apply, there isn’t such percentage bar or any kind of demand of excellence academic qualification. And also the students having gap up to 4 to 5 year can easily apply.
(You are eligible if you have low academic percentage you can easily apply for Bachelors degree in your interested subject)
3. Can get quality European Degree in low cost
Tuition fee starts from 2000 E to 3000 E per year. With this little tuition fee you can get the European international degree in Lithuania. That’s why Lithuania is considered as one of the best country fro providing the quality education in low tuition rates.
4. IELTS is not mandatory
IELTS or any kind of English Language Test is not needed to apply in Lithuania. English Recommendation Letter works if you lack IELTS. If you have knowledge of English i.e. if you can read and write English you can apply. But for few universities and courses you must have IELTS course.
5. PSW and PR option
After completion of course you will get 1 year Post Study Work Visa and after that you can either change your study visa into work or join further degrees. After stay of 5 years in work visa you can apply for the PR.
6. Offer English Medium Study
Though the official language is Lithuanian it offers few degrees in English Language for international students. So there won’t be any issues in getting the education and also most of the people speak English language.
7. Employment rate of Lithuania is high as compared to some European countries. So there is a lot of job opportunity for the national and international students over there. While you do your degree, hundreds of start-ups and small companies who would love to welcome you into their team.
8. An individual can afford monthly expenditure by working around 20 hours per week. He/she can easily cover all the expansion like house rent, food, clothing, personal hygiene, transport etc with the earning of part time job as the living cost is very affordable.
Lithuania is very affordable European country with stable economy. Living costs for international students comes between 350 – 500 EUR/month depending on place of location.
Accommodation: 200- 250 Euro per month
Food: 150-200 Euro per month
While applying for any country student should go through three aspects. If you meet those 3 aspects you can apply in that country and university.
1. Academic Requirement
For Lithuania, an applicant must completed higher secondary education (10+2) for Bachelor and Bachelor for Masters Degree. If you have secured 40 % or above in your academic, you can apply for the next level. An applicant with gap up to 4 to 5 years can apply.
But SEE or SLC pass applicant cannot apply for the further study in Lithuania.
2. English Requirement:
Though any English language test is not mandatory to have admission in most of the universities of Lithuania, if you have done it is plus point for your visa. But in few public universities you must have done IELTS with minimum score of requirement.
3. Financial requirement:
You need to arrange lots of things during your processing time for the visa like Application and tuition fee, accommodation charges in Lithuania. Documents for visa, Travel medical Insurance, Visa charge, Air ticket and so on. The over-all cost for applying in Lithuania comes around 6-7 lakhs (depending on tuition fee). So if you and your family can afford this you, you can make mind to apply in Lithuania.
If you fulfill these eligibility criteria, you can start your procedure choosing nearest intake.
Main intakes are during Spring Intake (Jan-Feb) and Fall Intake (Sep- Oct). Few universities also have deadline to apply for the upcoming intakes.
PROCEDURE TO APPLY IN LITHUANIA
1. Firstly applicant need to select the university and courses which matches their previous study background.
2. After the applicant make a decision, it’s time to get enroll in the university and issue the offer letter. For Offer letter you need to submit following documents:
- Passport copy
- Educational Documents
- English Recommendation Letter from School/ College OR IETLS certificate
3. Then the university will provide the invoice and it’s time to send application fee as mentioned in the invoice.
4. After that university issues offer letter within 24 working hours to 7 days (depends on university) and then it’s your time to send the tuition fee.
5. Along with this you need to arrange all other documents as per the checklist mentioned by Embassy of Lithuania.
- Apostle of Academic Documents (Attestation of SLC and +2 documents from National Examination Board, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur and Bachelor from related University Head. Or if done from any other country verifying in the related Embassy after taking equivalent Letter from related office and MOFA , Then from MOE, Kesharmahal, Kathmandu and then Department of Consular Service, MOFA, Kathmandu, Nepal (Opposite of MOE). (Attestation should be done in 1 original and 2 good photocopy quality)
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from Ministry of Education
- Updated CV
- Statement of Purpose or Motivational Letter
- Sponsorship Letter
- Maintaining good transaction in the bank account of yours or your father mother or siblings for Bank Balance Certificate and Statement (Up to 3 months statement required if possible)
- Relationship Certificate
- Property Valuation and Tax Clearance Certificate
- Proof of All Income Source
- Citizenship of father and mother
- Police Report
- CA Report
6. Accordingly you need to prepare for the interview also as there will be interview during your document submission with visa officer.
7. In the same time students need to send the tuition fee to the university bank account as mentioned in the offer letter. As per the rule of the university, student can either send the tuition fee in electronic form i.e. Swift transfer or Can make Demand Draft.(In demand draft the amount is freeze in the bank account of sender till the university receives the original bank draft which is sent after the visa only)
8. After sending the tuition fee, university will issue the Invitation Letter and Letter of Accommodation and send you the scan copy.
9. In the mean time there is process of booking the appointment date. For Lithuania University will self book appointment date for you and they will provide you mediation number which you need to use in your document while submitting in Embassy.
10. After that you need to self fill your application form from website> New application> and Fill the Details. Once you fill and print the documents you cannot edit them. So be careful otherwise you need to refill all the information again.
11. After that for the mentioned date you need to be in the Embassy carrying all the documents as per the checklist provided on their website . You need to pay Embassy Fee of 120 Euro in the Embassy.
12. During the date of document submission student need to face the interview. In the same day they will notify you the exact date (around after 15 days) to come and collect the document individually or by your authorized person.
13. After the collection you will get the decision Accept or Reject.
Congratulation you have made it. Proceed for the further processing.
Reject: In case of Rejection you have two options:
- Appeal for the reviewing the denial of visa: For this you need to provide the following documents to the Embassy.
- Appeal letter
- New Itinerary (If Needed)
- Refusal Letter
- Refund of the tuition fee: For this we will mail the University for the Refund along with the refusal letter. If you have done swift before it may take till 6 months to get the fee refunded after refusal and if draft then within an hour the fee will be refunded.
14. After Acceptance of your visa you need to reimburse the Demand Draft (if done any) and send tuition fee in the university bank account through swift transfer.
15. Now it’s time to arrange for the air ticket. It may cost around 500 Euro.
16. After the ticket confirmation, an applicant needs to arrange for the airport pickup and accommodation placement by contacting university.
17. Now the student needs to exchange 1000 Euro (pocket money to meet the expenses in abroad) from any commercial bank.
18. As everything is managed it’s time for final departure orientation for the student. Also an applicant should travel to Lithuania during the flight as per the checklist mentioned below:
- Original educational documents (for Bachelor students higher secondary certificate + mark sheet + apostles / Master students: bachelor`s degree + mark sheet +
apostles and additionally higher secondary certificate with mark sheets but without apostles),
- 6 identical photographs,
- Offer letter, Invoice, Invitation Letter
- Passport with visa,
- NOC Copy,
- Flight Ticket with chop of 1000 euro
- Swift Copy,
- Fee transfer form,
- 1000 Euro and need to chop in Air ticket and Passport
- Warm Clothes
- Pressure cooker
- Basic medicine for headache, stomach ache, common cold, fever, etc
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE SHOWER IMMEDIATELY AFTER REACHING THERE
19. After reaching to the university always remember to provide original documents and photographs to the college for the further processing.
LITHUANIA EMBASSY IN NEW DELHI
Address: Anand Niketan, New Delhi, 110021, India
Contact Number: +91 11 4313 2200
Fax +91 11 4313 2222