Poland, officially the Republic of Poland, is a country located in Central Europe. This country is boarded by Baltic Sea, Lithuania, and Russia to the north, Belarus and Ukraine to the east, Slovakia and the Czech Republic to the south, and Germany to the west. It is divided into 16 administrative subdivisions, covering an area of 312,696 square kilometres, and has a largely temperate seasonal climate. Poland is sixth most populous member state in EU. Its capital city is Warsaw.
FACTS ABOUT POLAND
Country: Poland: Officially Republic of Poland
Area: 312696 sq. km
Population: 38.5 million (2019)
Some Big Cities: Warsaw, Krakow, Wroclaw, Gdansk, Poznan, and Lodz.
Official language: Polish
GDP: $607 billion (20th) (2020)
Per capita income: $ 15,988
HDI: 0.872 very high (32nd as per 2018)
Currency: PLN (Polish Zloty) (1 PLN=around 30 NPR)
Calling code: +48
Literacy rate: 99 %
EDUCATION SYSTEM OF POLAND
Talking about education system of Poland, till 8 years a child will pursue a primary school. After that he will have the option of choosing other Post Secondary or School Level which last for either
4 to 5 years. Then after he will choose either Polytechnic Engineering Courses last for 4 years or University (Bachelor) level last for 3 year or can directly pursue Masters Degree which will last for the period of 6 years. If he had chosen Poly technical or University level then after he should pursue 105-2 years long supplementary Masters program leading towards Doctorate Degree program of 4 years.
Talking about the university in Poland, there are approximately 457 universities and collegiate-level institutions of Higher education in Poland, including 131 government-funded and 326 privately owned universities as per Wikipedia.
REASONS WHY STUDENTS CHOOSE POLAND:
1. Quality Education: Poland is a European country having more than 450 higher education institutions which are providing good quality education to national and international students from each and every corner of the world. Poland is ranked fifth among the best place to study in Europe and also eleven universities in Poland were nominated for international student satisfaction award.
2. Fees of university: Universities of Poland offers several courses of study and the tuition fee of those program starts from free education up to 4000 Euro per year. Studying in Poland is cheaper as compared to other European countries like Germany, France, and UK due to low and affordable tuition fees.
3. An individual with minimum academic percentage in higher secondary or three year diploma student can apply, there isn’t such percentage bar or any kind of demand of excellence academic qualification.
4. A person from weak economic background can easily apply because the tuition fees of the universities are affordable as compared to other European countries, you can get qualitative degree in less investment.
5. IELTS or any kind of English language test is not needed to apply in Poland. If you have knowledge of English i.e. if you can read and write English you can easily apply.
6. Employment rate of Poland is high as compared to some European countries i.e. there is a lot of job opportunity for the national and international students over there. While you do your degree, there hundreds of start-ups and small companies who would love to welcome you into their team.
7. An individual can afford monthly expenditure by working around 20 hours per week. He/she can easily cover all the expansion like house rent, food, clothing, personal hygiene, transport etc with the earning of part time job.
Poland is very affordable European country with stable economy. Living costs for international students comes between 300 – 500 EUR/month depending on place of location.
Accommodation: Around 150- 200 Euro per month
Food: Around 100 -150 Euro per month
Transportation: Around 50 Euro per semester
While applying for any country student should go through three aspects. If you meet those 3 aspects you can apply in that country and university.
1. Academic Requirement
For Poland, an applicant must completed higher secondary education (10+2) for Bachelor and Bachelor for Masters Degree. If you have secured 40 % or above in your academic, you can apply for the next level. An applicant with gap up to 4 to 5 years can apply.
But SEE or SLC pass applicant cannot apply for the further study in Poland.
2. English Requirement:
Though any English language test is not mandatory to have admission in most of the universities of Poland, if you have done it is plus point for your visa. But in few public universities you must have done IELTS with minimum score of requirement.
3. Financial requirement:
You need to arrange lots of things during your processing time for the visa like Application and tuition fee, accommodation charges in Poland. Documents for visa, Travel medical Insurance, Visa charge, Air ticket and so on. The over-all cost for applying in Poland comes around 8 lakhs (depending on tuition fee). So if you and your family can afford this you, you can make mind to apply in Poland.
If you fulfill these eligibility criteria, you can start your procedure choosing nearest intake.
Main intakes are during Spring Intake (Jan-Feb) and Fall Intake (Sep- Oct). Few universities also have deadline to apply for the upcoming intakes. During June- July some universities offers intakes for the foundation courses.
PROCEDURE TO APPLY IN POLAND
1. Firstly applicant need to select the university and courses which matches their previous study background.
2. After the applicant make a decision, its time to get enroll in the university and issue the offer letter. For Offer letter you need to submit following documents:
- Passport Copy
- All Educational Documents (SLC, +2, Bachelor (if))
- Sometimes Skype Interview Also
3. Then the university will provide the offer letter and it’s time to send application fee and tuition fee.
4. Along with this you need to arrange all other documents as per the checklist mentioned by Embassy of Poland.
- Attestation of SLC/+2 Attestation of SLC and +2 documents from National Examination Board, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur and Bachelor from related University Head. Or if done from any other country verifying in the related Embassy after taking equivalent Letter from related office and MOFA , Then from MOE, Kesharmahal, Kathmandu and then Department of Consular Service, MOFA, Kathmandu, Nepal (Opposite of MOE) . (Attestation should be done in 1 original and 2 good photocopy quality)
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from Ministry of Education
- Updated CV,
- English Recommendation Letter from School/ College OR IELTS certificate
- 35*45 MRP Photo (Border-less with white background)
- Statement of Purpose or Motivational Letter
- Sponsorship Letter
- Medical Report (Issued from Bir Hospital, Ratnapark, Verified from Teku Hospital, Teku and Attested from MOFA) (Sometimes Required)
- Maintaining good transaction in the bank account of yours or your father mother or siblings for Bank Balance Certificate and Statement (Up to 3 months statement required if possible)
- In case of Minor, NOC Letter signed by the parents.
- Relationship Certificate
- Property Valuation and Tax Clearance Certificate
- Proof of All Income Source
- Citizenship of father and mother
- Police Report
- CA Report
5. Accordingly you need to prepare for the interview also as there will be interview during your document submission with visa officer.
6. In the same time students need to send the tuition fee to the university bank account as mentioned in the offer letter. As per the rule of the university, student can either send the tuition fee in electronic form i.e. Swift transfer or Can make Demand Draft.(In demand draft the amount is freeze in the bank account of sender till the university receives the original bank draft which is sent after the visa only)
7. After sending the tuition fee, university will issue the Invitation Letter and Letter of Accommodation and courier them to us as original documents needs to be submitted.
8. In the mean time there is process of booking the appointment date.
- Through Embassy, appointment date needs to be booked from the website > Choose India, New Delhi > National Visa- Register Form > Fill the details.
For this you need to have the complete Passport Details, Your University Details and Your Intended Date to Travel. Always remember that Intended date to travel should be not more than a week earlier from class commencement date and also try not to keep in the Saturday and Sunday. And you will get visa for 365 days so request for same days. (Once the details are saved and printed, it cannot be amended, you need to book new date for correction, SO BE CAREFUL)
- Through VFS, follow the link> Create account for Booking Appointment > Schedule Appointment >Follow the Instruction.
After booking is confirmed, a letter stating your appointment date will be sent to your mail. Application form should be filled self downloading from the website
Details same like stated above. And you can amend them later too before printing.
9. After the date booking, student needs to make Travel Medical Insurance (Plan A to C) for the period of 1 year.
10. For the mentioned period student need to be in the Embassy or VFS as per the checklist provided on their website
11. If you have chosen Embassy to submit your documents, interview will take place in same day. But incase if you have received the date of document submission from VFS, you need to visit Embassy as per the request mailed by VFS Center. In any of the both center your visa charge is 7200 INR.
12. Within 2 weeks of the interview you will get notification regarding collection of your passport.
For Embassy: Visit the Website
If your token number is appeared in the list, decision is ready. You need to take your Original token and original academic documents with you to collect your documents from Embassy. Time for the collection of passport is 3 pm to 4 pm from Monday to Friday.
For VFS: Separate mail will be sent for you in your email id regarding document collection or you can track you documents in VFS Official Website . You need to take the slip provided by VFS center, copy of your Identity card and your original Academic Documents with you for the collection of your passport. You can visit Mon to Friday from 9 am to 4 pm for the collection of passport.
13. After the collection you will get the decision Accept or Reject.
Congratulation you have made it. Now legalize your original attested highest level academic transcript and provisional from the Embassy. You need to pay 2500 INR for each of the papers. The document can be collected from the Embassy when the number in your token number appears in the Poland Embassy Website
It’s not compulsory to collect the document by yourself. You can authorize some other person for the collection.
Reject: In case of Rejection you have two options:
- Appeal for the reviewing the denial of visa: For this you need to visit Embassy or VFS till 14 days of collection of your documents. You need to be there with
- Appeal letter
- New Itinerary (If Needed)
- Refusal Letter
- And again you need to pay the visa charge i.e. 7200 Euro
- Refund of the tuition fee: For this we will mail the University for the Refund along with the refusal letter. If you have done swift before it may take till 3 months to get the fee refunded and If Draft then within an hour the fee will be refunded.
14. After Acceptance of your visa you need to reimburse the Demand Draft and send tuition fee in the university bank account through swift transfer.
15. Now it’s time to arrange for the air ticket. It may cost around 500 Euro. After the ticket confirmation, its time to arrange for the airport pickup and accommodation placement.
16. Now the student needs to exchange 1000 Euro (pocket money) from any commercial bank
17. As everything is managed it’s time for final departure orientation for the student. Also an applicant should travel to Poland during the flight as per the checklist mentioned below:
- Original educational documents (for Bachelor students higher secondary certificate + mark sheet + apostles / Master students: bachelor`s degree + mark sheet +
apostles and additionally higher secondary certificate with mark sheets but without apostles),
- 6 identical photographs,
- Offer letter, Invoice, Invitation Letter
- Passport with visa,
- NOC Copy,
- Flight Ticket with chop of 1000 euro
- Swift Copy,
- Fee transfer form,
- 1000 Euro and need to chop in Air ticket and Passport
- Warm Clothes
- Pressure cooker
- Basic medicine for headache, stomach ache, common cold, fever, etc
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE SHOWER IMMEDIATELY AFTER REACHING THERE
18. After reaching to the university always remember to provide original documents and photographs to the college for the further processing.
Few related terms:
- Schengen country: Schengen zone is group of 26 countries where there is policy of common visa policy. With the visa of one schengen country, after residing in the country for 180 days, an individual can travel for other zone for 90 days.
- Visa: Visa is a piece of paper which permits an individual to entry in the country for certain time period. While applying as student (time period needs to be more than 91 days) an individual needs to apply for National Visa (D).
- TRC (Temporary Resident Card: Visa only supports for the entry of an individual. If he needs to stay for more than 91 days he needs to have Temporary Residence Card (TRC). Before the visa expires (BEFORE 3 MONTHS) he needs to apply for TRC and is extended for maximum period of 3 years. And the processing time for TRC is normally 1 months or not more than 2 months.
EMBASSY OF POLAND IN NEW DELHI
Address: 50-M Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110 021, India
Telephone: +91 11 414 96 900; +911141496901
Fax: +91 11 268 71 914