Romania is a country located at the crossroads of Central Eastern and southeastern Europe. It shares land borders with Bulgaria to the south, Ukraine to the north, Hungary to the west, Serbia to the southwest, and Moldova to the east and has its opening to the Black Sea. It has a predominantly temperate- continental climate. With a total area of 238,397 square kilometres (92,046 square miles), Romania is the 12 largest countries in Europe and the 7 most populous member state of the EU, having approximately 20 million inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Bucharest.
FACTS ABOUT ROMANIA
Area: 238,397 square km
Population: 19 million (61st)(2019)
Other big cities: Cluj-Napoca, Timisoara, Lasi, Constanta, Craiova etc.
Official language: Romanian
GDP: $261.868 billion (2020)
Per capita income: $13,414 (2020)
HDI: 0.816 (52nd) (2018)
Currency: Romanian Leu (RON)
Calling code: +40
Literacy rate: 98.84%
EDUCATION SYSTEM IN ROMANIA
Talking about Education System in Romania, children start to take the education since the small age. During the age of 0-6 years they pursue early education, after that till next 9 years they will be getting the primary education leading lower secondary one. After that they will get the option of choosing Vocational Education (General, Technical or Military, Artistic, Theological, Sports or Pedagogy). No matter what option do they follow it leads to Bachelor then Masters then PhD studies programs.
As per the Wikipedia altogether there are around 112 educational institutions in Romania. Out of them 57 are public universities, 34 accredited private universities, 17 are temporarily authorized universities and 4 universities are under the process of authorization.
WHY TO STUDY IN ROMANIA?
1. Low Academics can apply
An individual with minimum academic percentage in higher secondary or three year diploma student can apply, there isn’t such percentage bar or any kind of demand of excellence academic qualification. And also the students having gap up to 4 to 5 year can easily apply.
(You are eligible if you have low academic percentage you can easily apply for Bachelors degree in your interested subject)
2. Can get quality European degree in low cost
Tuition fee starts from 2000E to 5000 E per year or in few universities more than that also. With this little tuition fee you can get the European international degree. So it’s being in the demand of international students.
3. IELTS is not mandatory
IELTS or any kind of English language test is not needed to apply in Romania. English Recommendation Letter works if you lack IELTS. If you have knowledge of English i.e. if you can read and write English you can apply. But for few universities and courses you must have IELTS course.
4. PSW and PR option
After completion of course you will get 1 year Post Study Work Visa and after that you can either change your study visa into work or join further degrees. After stay of 5 years in work visa you can apply for the PR.
5. Offer English Medium Study
Though the official language is Romanian the university offers few degrees in English Language for international students. So there won’t be any issues in getting the education and also most of the people speak English language.
6. Employment rate of Romania is high as compared to some European countries. So there is a lot of job opportunity for the national and international students over there. While you do your degree, hundreds of start-ups and small companies who would love to welcome you into their team.
7. An individual can afford monthly expenditure by working around 20 hour per week. He/she can easily cover all the expenses like house rent, food, clothing, personal hygiene, transport etc with the earning of part time job as the living cost is very affordable.
LIVING COST IN ROMANIA
Romania is very affordable European country with stable economy. Living costs for international students comes between 300 – 550 EUR/month depending on place of location as well as your preference of stay.
Accommodation: 120 to 350 euro per month
Food: 200-250 euro per month
While applying for any country student should go through three aspects. If you meet those 3 aspects you can apply in that country and university.
1. Academic Requirement
– An applicant must completed higher secondary education (10+2) for Bachelor and Bachelor for Masters Degree. If you have secured 40 % or above in your previous academic, you can apply for the next level in Romania. An applicant with gap up to 4 to 5 years can apply.
– Bachelors pass students having more than 40% in aggregate can apply for any universities and colleges in Romania and below 40% can apply for limited colleges in Romania, also 3 yrs bachelors are accepted for all institutions in Romania
2. English Requirement:
An IELTS is not mandatory to study in Romania but if you have done IELTS it is plus point for you as medium of Instruction in Romania is English.
3. Financial requirement:
You need to arrange lots of things during your processing time for the visa like Application and tuition fee, accommodation charges in Romania, Documents for visa, Air ticket and so on. The over-all cost for applying in Romania Starts around 6.5 lakh depending on tuition fee. So if you and your family can afford this you, you can make mind to apply in Romania.
If you fulfill these ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA, you can start your procedure choosing nearest intake.
As per the rules of Immigration of Romania, there is only one intake i.e. Fall intake (Class starts in 1st October). Within 1 February to 1 September all documents scan set should be submitted to university.
PROCEDURE FOR ROMANIA
1. Firstly applicant need to select the university and courses which matches their previous study background.
2. After the applicant make a decision, it’s time to get enroll in the university and issue the offer letter. For Offer letter you need to submit following documents:
- Passport copy
- Educational documents (SLC/+2/TU Transcript and Certificate)
- IETLS certificate (if any)
3. Then the university will provide the offer letter and it’s time to send application fee and postal fee to the university.
4. In the same time students need to send the tuition fee to the university bank account as mentioned in the offer letter. As per the rule of the university, student can either send the tuition fee in electronic form i.e. Swift transfer or Can make Demand Draft.(In demand draft the amount is freeze in the bank account of sender till the university receives the original bank draft which is sent after the visa only)
5. Along with this you need to arrange all other documents as per the checklist mentioned in the embassy website
- Educational Documents (SLC/+2 Attestation of SLC and +2 documents from National Examination Board, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur and Bachelor from related University Head. Or if done from any other country verifying in the related Embassy after taking equivalent Letter from related office and MOFA , Then from MOE, Kesharmahal, Kathmandu and then Department of Consular Service, MOFA, Kathmandu, Nepal (Opposite of MOE) . (Attestation should be done in 1 original and 2 good photocopy quality)
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from Ministry of Education
- Updated CV
- Statement of Purpose or Motivational Letter
- Sponsorship Letter
- Maintaining good transaction in the bank account of yours or your father mother or siblings for Bank Balance Certificate and Statement (Up to 3 months statement required if possible)
- Birth Certificate certified from MOFA
- Medical Certificate certified from MOFA
- Translated Citizenship
- Relationship Certificate
- Property Valuation and Tax Clearance Certificate
- Proof of All Income Source
- Citizenship of father and mother
- Police Report
- CA Report
6. Accordingly you need to prepare for the interview also as there is possibility of calling you for the interview.
7. After sending the tuition fee, it’s time to send the scan set of following documents to the university email or by courier to university address. These documents should be sent within 1st to 1st of Sept.
- Application form sent initially
- Attested set of Academic Certificates and Transcript
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Certified Medical Certificate
- Proof of Payment
8. After 30-45 days university will send you the original Letter of Acceptance through courier.
9. At the same time, student needs to make Travel Medical Insurance (Plan A to C) for the period of 1 year.
10. After getting the invitation letter and making all documents ready for the documents submission, it’s time to lodge the visa. For this first we need to lodge documents online in the website > Apply> Follow the Instruction.
11. After online lodgment within the period of 1 month embassy will send you the mail specifying the date of submission of hard copy of one set of all documents in the embassy. In case of students you need to appear in interview at the same time.
12. Within a week of interview you will be sent email to collect the documents. You or your authorized person can go and collect the decision. The passport collection time is mentioned in your email. Please follow the same.
13. After the collection you will get the decision Accept or Reject.
Congratulation you have made it. Proceed ahead for further processing.
Reject: In case of Rejection you have two options:
- Appeal for the reviewing the denial of visa:
- Refund of the tuition fee: For this we will mail the University for the Refund along with the refusal letter. If you have done swift before it may take 1 week to 1 month to get the fee refunded and If Draft was made then within an hour the fee will be refunded.
14. After Acceptance of your visa it’s time to arrange for the air ticket. It may cost around 500 Euro.
16. After the ticket confirmation, an applicant needs to arrange for the airport pickup and accommodation placement.
17. Now the student needs to exchange 2500 Euro (pocket money) from any Nepal Rastra Bank, Baluwatar as other commercial banks will allow you only 1300 Euro. Also bank should stamp in passport regarding the exchange in currency.
18. As everything is managed it’s time for final departure to the destination country. Applicant should be with documents as per the checklist mentioned below:
- Original educational documents (for Bachelor students higher secondary certificate + mark sheet + apostles / Master students: bachelor`s degree + mark sheet +
apostles and additionally higher secondary certificate with mark sheets but without apostles),
- 6 identical photographs,
- Offer letter, Invoice,
- Fee receipt,
- Passport with visa,
- NOC Copy,
- Flight Ticket with chop of 2500 euro
- Swift Copy,
- Fee transfer form,
- 2500 Euro and need to chop in Air ticket and Passport
- Warm Clothes
- Pressure cooker
- Basic medicine for headache, stomach ache, common cold, fever, etc
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE SHOWER IMMEDIATELY AFTER REACHING THERE
19. After reaching there you need to submit all the necessary documents to the college for the pink slip. And also you need to do medical and insurance but you get assistance of college to get your immigration card.
- Visa: Visa is a piece of paper which permits an individual to entry in the country for certain time period. While applying as student (time period needs to be more than 91 days) an individual needs to apply for National Visa (D). Though you are applying for long term student visa, you will get the visa of only 90 days only.
- TRC (Temporary Resident Card): Visa only supports for the entry of an individual. If he needs to stay for more than 91 days he needs to have Temporary Residence Card (TRC). As soon as you reach there you need to apply for the TRC and you will get the card within one week of arrival or before expiry of visa.
ROMANIA EMBASSY IN NEW DELHI
Address: Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi 110057, India
Contact No.: +91 11 2614 0447
Email ID: email@example.com